iPaddockIndustries machinery takes the stress out of major farm jobs, while drastically improving productivity. After all, Productivity drives Profit.
Our Innovations: Alpha Disc, Unstacker and Turbodrum
iPaddock machinery is like all of our iPaddock innovations, stemming from a major need on our farms that is not being met by anything we can get off the shelf.
iPaddock Alpha disc solves the problem of getting narrow row spacings for better yield and weed competition, while keeping all of your stubble and allowing you to use the full suite of pre emergent herbicides safely. The bonus being increased sowing capacity by 50% over the same size tined machinery.
With all the extra acres you can handle with an Alpha disc, something has to give at harvest time, and that’s where the Unstacker comes in. With Unstacker you can dump grain on an unprepared site to keep the headers going flat out, and pick it up effortlessly. You should watch the video below.
iPaddock Alpha disc 2018 model. Only $1250 per row incGST
Direct retrofit option for JD1890 toolbars.
A limited supply of 2018 model iPaddock Alpha disc units are now available. Standard Dual row 7.5″ (190mm) units or Single disc units suit fitment to most 4″ toolbars at any row spacing. Buy online here, or Ask us a question
This is what real farmers are saying about Alpha disc
- “Can’t believe my barley crop. On track for a PB I’d say!”
- “The crops this year look a lot ‘healthier’ than usual”
- “Compared to our tines we are seeing real differences in root devp and soil structure”
- “Limestone is one of the reasons we went to Alpha disc. Didn’t break a thing!”
- “Alpha disc is loving the residue from vetch green manure”
- “First time in my career I’m genuinely happy with my cereals”
Alpha Disc (Pat 2016900544) is a robust, low maintenance, affordable single disc seeding system that uses a rippled disc and load bearing press wheel to accurately place seeds into a firm, well shaped furrow. Seeding with discs can increase productivity by 50% with the same size machine, but conventional disc seeders are notorious for reliability and chemical issues in Australian conditions. Alpha Disc is the answer to these issues. Designed by iPaddock and built in Canada using the latest Aeon suspension technology, Alpha Disc units are now available as bolt on modules to suit standard 4″ (100mm) tool bars. Read about Alpha Disc in the News!
Alpha disc Specifications
- Discs: 18″ self sharpening ripple profile
- Press wheels: 70mm wide, semi pneumatic, flat profile (Other profiles by request)
- Seed/Fertiliser Boots: low pressure rubber suspended floating seed boot, self cleaning, also acts as mud scraper
- Liquid fertiliser/fungicides/wetters: safely banded to the side of the seed, against the shoulder of the furrow
- Row Spacing: Available in our standard dual row modules at 190mm (7.5″) spacings, or as single disc units to suit any other row spacing
- Very low fertiliser toxicity risk when used at the standard 190mm row spacing
- Downforce: “Aeon” rubber cushion spring, variable from 0 to 150kg per row
- Moving components
- Large diameter heavy duty urethane bush on main jump pivot (greasable); 1 per 2 rows
- Disc hubs: Extreme service replaceable NSK Hub with 5 way seal labrynth; 1 per row
- Press wheels: Internal replaceable double row, double sealed bearing; 1 per row
- Seed/Fertiliser boot: High grade hardened steel; 1 per row
- Toolbar mount: requires 4″ (100mm) square tube mounted horizontally at 600mm working height
- Number of ranks: our unique dual row system means even narrow (190mm) rows can be achieved on a single rank toolbar
- Toolbar options: ask us about the 9m, 12m,18m and 24m CTF toolbar options
The Unstacker (Pat 2016900315) picks grain up off any kind of surface and pumps it into waiting vehicles at over 6 tonnes per minute. If you store grain in covered bunkers, Unstacker makes unloading your bunkers painless and efficient. When the crop is ripe, you’ve got to get it off. Every day lost at harvest is up to a 1% loss in value, and even a one day delay early in a 5000t cereal program equates to 25t of lost yield. (SEPWA, 2007). The Unstacker allows you to drop grain anytime on an unprepared paddock site and pick it up just as easily, so the headers never have to stop: trucks or no trucks. Read about Unstacker in the News!
- Discharge auger: 15″
- Discharge rate: Steady grain flow at 6-7 tonnes per minute
- PTO requirement: 540rpm.
- Power requirement: Minimum 100hp, Optimum 160hp
- Sweep height adjustment: Hydraulically controlled from tractor
- Width: available from 4.5m to 6m cutting width
- Expected grain wastage:
- Nil loss on a hard well prepared pad (cement, clay, gypsum) if covered
- Under 1% loss (less than $3/tonne equivalent: cheaper than bags) on an unprepared, uncovered paddock surface (stubble).
Built, tried and tested in the real world, by real farmers
The iPaddock Unstacker
The iPaddock Alpha Disc