iPaddock machinery takes the stress out of major farm jobs, while drastically improving productivity. After all, Productivity drives Profit.
Our Innovations: iPaddock’s Typhoon, Twister, Alpha Disc and Unstacker
iPaddock machinery, like all iPaddock innovations, stems from a major need on our farms that was not met by anything we can get off the shelf.
The iPaddock Typhoon replacement feed drum and the Twister chain tensioner for boosting the productivity of draper fronts are the latest out of the iPaddock stable and have their own page, click here to find out more about Typhoon and Twister.
iPaddock’s patented Alpha disc solves the problem of getting narrow row spacings for better yield and weed competition, while keeping all of your stubble and allowing you to use pre emergent herbicides safely. The bonus being increased sowing capacity by 50% over the same size tined machinery, and all of this with a no-maintenance disc module. In 2020 the Alpha disc had its first major makeover with the all new Alpha disc 2.0, and now comes standard with hydraulic parallel lift for precision and accuracy regardless of terrain.
With all the extra tonnes you will have coming in when you use the Alpha Disc and Typhoon, something has to give at harvest time, and that’s where the Unstacker comes in. With Unstacker you can dump grain either in a bunker, or even on an unprepared site to keep the headers going flat out, and pick it up effortlessly. You should watch the video below.
The all new hydraulic iPaddock Alpha Disc 2.0 Introductory price $1475 per row plus GST
Direct retrofit option for JD1890 and most common toolbars.
Now available for 2021 delivery. Standard Dual row 7.5″ (187.5mm) units, or Single disc units for an unlimited choice of row spacing. Trial units using an Aeon rubber spring are also now available, to simplify trialling on various bars. Buy online here, or Ask us a question
This is what real farmers are saying about their Alpha discs
- “Can’t believe my barley crop. On track for a PB I’d say!”
- “The crops this year look a lot ‘healthier’ than usual”
- “Compared to our tines we are seeing real differences in root devp and soil structure”
- “Limestone is one of the reasons we went to Alpha disc. Didn’t break a thing!”
- “Alpha disc is loving the residue from vetch green manure”
- “First time in my career I’m genuinely happy with my cereals”
Alpha Disc 2.0 (Aust Pat 2018232895) is a robust, low maintenance, affordable single disc seeding system that uses a rippled disc and load bearing press wheel to accurately place seeds into a firm, well shaped furrow. Now with the unique parallel hydraulic lift system, coupled with iPaddock’s own downforce control valve, the depth control and downforce is constant regardless of toolbar or terrain. With the integrated lift mechanism, even rigid toolbars such as the Morris Contour and Seed Hawk can now be retrofitted with great results.
Seeding with discs can increase productivity by 50% with the same size machine, but conventional disc seeders are notorious for reliability and chemical issues in Australian conditions. Alpha Disc 2.0 is the answer to these issues. iPaddock’s patented Alpha Disc units are now available as bolt on modules to suit standard 4″, 6″ and 8″ tool bars. Read more about Alpha Disc in the News
2020 Alpha Disc 2.0 Specifications
- Discs: 18″ self sharpening ripple profile
- Press wheels: 75mm wide, semi pneumatic, flat profile
- Hydraulic parallel raise and downforce mechanism, for serious penetration
- Tungsten coated, hardened steel Seed/Fertiliser Boots, with integrated mud scraper
- Patented anti blocking, trailing arm, 32mm seed boot
- Standard liquid fertiliser/fungicides/wetters: safely bands liquids to the side of the seed, within the furrow
- Row Spacing: Available in our standard dual row modules at 187.5mm (7.5″) spacings, or as single disc units to suit any row spacing
- Very low fertiliser toxicity risk at 187.5mm spacing
- Minimal, long endurance moving parts for maximum reliability:
- Heavy duty nylon main pivot bush
- Disc and Press wheel hubs: Extreme service agrihubs with 5 way labrynth seals
- Tungsten coated, hardened steel seed/fert boots with liquid tube
- Retrofittable to most makes of toolbar, including rotating crank, parallel lift, or rigid frames
- Single rank: Alpha’s unique dual row system achieves 187.5mm rows on a single rank toolbar
The Unstacker (Pat 2016900315) picks grain up off any kind of surface and pumps it into waiting vehicles at over 6 tonnes per minute. If you store grain in open stacks or covered bunkers, Unstacker makes unloading your bunkers painless and efficient. When the crop is ripe, you’ve got to get it off. Every day lost at harvest is up to a 1% loss in value, and even a one day delay early in a 5000t cereal program equates to 25t of lost yield. (SEPWA, 2007). The Unstacker allows you to drop grain anytime on an unprepared paddock site and pick it up just as easily, so the headers never have to stop: trucks or no trucks. Read about Unstacker in the News!
- Discharge auger: 15″
- Discharge rate: 6-7 tonnes per minute/ 400t per hour
- PTO requirement: 540rpm.
- Power requirement: Minimum 100hp, Optimum 160hp
- Sweep height adjustment: Hydraulically controlled from tractor
- Width: available from 4.5m to 6m cutting width
- Expected grain wastage:
- Nil loss on a hard well prepared pad (cement, clay, gypsum) if covered
- Under 1% loss (less than $3/tonne equivalent: cheaper than bags) on an unprepared, uncovered paddock surface (stubble).
Built, tried and tested in the real world, by real farmers
The iPaddock Unstacker
The iPaddock Alpha Disc