iPaddock Turbodrum: still at limited 2017 pricing! $5,445 incGST
Design by iPaddock; Manufactured by Phillbourne Merredin
Macdon D60/D65: available online now!
Buy online here, or call: (08) 90412066
Contact us to order your Turbodrum for other makes and models
Introducing the Turbodrum
This is what real farmers tell us about their Turbodrums!
- “Shes loving the big canola. Not even a stutter at the feeder”
- “Pretty exciting how much it is pumping through. Like it should be from the start. Massive stuff”
- “Actually driving machine to engine capacity now for first time in canola”
- “In heavy barley it just loads the header up good, no fluffing and no noise”
- “All good, works like a dream, cheers!”
- “Before we were driving on the edge of the seat with the feeder slip clutch constantly going off in big lupins. We’re actually loading the engine up now, and the slip clutch hasn’t gone off once!”
- “Our turbodrum was matching our Vario tin front in canola at 11 clicks on wheeltracks. With the turbodrum fitted, I honestly think our drapers are just a better all round front”
- “In she went and away it went. Awesome so far. In some 7 ft canola, smashing it in!”
Turbodrum is a complete plugout-plugin replacement feed spiral to suit most leading makes of header draper fronts. If you are reading this then you already know the frustration of slow harvest speeds in bulky crops like canola, and even worse, the blockages and breakdowns caused by the standard feed drum in these fronts.
Turbodrum is an instant fix to these problems, allowing you to go faster and get the crop off quicker.
Turbodrum is a heavy duty feed drum, and comes complete with all internal components fully welded and assembled. Fitting the Turbodrum is quicker than fixing your original one, and comes at a fraction of the price. Don’t wait until yours is broken to fix the problem once and for all.
Why do I need a Turbodrum?
Every day lost at harvest is up to 1% loss in value. (SEPWA, 2007). Even one day lost with breakdowns or bad feeding in a 5000t program equals 25t of lost yield. That’s more than the cost of a Turbodrum.
Turbodrum started out as a solution for issues we were having with our Macdon fronts. Like so many farmers, we love a lot of things about Macdon fronts, but there is a lot “not to love” about this particular component. So much so that a lot of people are trading out of what is otherwise a pretty good front. Common issues caused by the original feed drum include:
- Blocking and jamming in canola, pulse and heavy cereal crops
- Restricting harvest speeds to less than half header capacity in canola
- Crank shaft bending, resulting in fingers going inside the drum then pounding it from the inside
- Having to remove the whole drum and crankshaft just to replace retractable finger supports
- Internal reverse clutch: where do we start? Jamming in reverse position, falling apart, very expensive and time consuming to repair, causing fires if not installed correctly
- Cracking end plates and bending stub shafts from lump feeding and regular reversing
- Wearing out the adaptor slip clutch from constant blockages
- Incredibly expensive to repair or replace, not to mention lost valuable harvest time
The Turbodrum was a collaborative effort, designed by iPaddock’s Mic Fels, and built by Phillbourne Manufacturing’s Laurie Phillips in Merredin Western Australia. The first Turbodrum rolled onto Mic’s farm in October 2016, and by the end of that harvest there were a dozen Turbodrums scattered across Australia. The word went out on the bush telegraph (especially on twitter it seems) and almost 400 more Turbodrums were sold in 2017. A range of Turbodrums to suit all major brands was also put to the test with great results in 2017, and will be available commercially in 2018. Contact us for more information
How does the Turbodrum work?
There is no one feature of Turbodrum that makes it work so well. The huge capacity and reliability farmers are getting out of the Turbodrum is a combination of a lot of hard learned farmer experiences!
- More than double the number of retractable fingers, with a much more aggressive pattern. It literally grabs crop and pulls it through in a constant and steady flow
- A smaller barrell with taller flighting creates a huge gap for pulling through bulky crops
- Less flighting and more fingers, so now you can use the full width of your machine
- Turbodrum’s unique patented paddle flights prevent repeating issues by eliminating the usual “dead zone” under the drum
- Large diameter, fully welded crankshaft
- Infinitely adjustable finger timing, to suit any conditions
- Eliminates the problematic and unnecessary reverse clutch
- Field-fit clamp-on retractable finger holders
- Easy installation with clear instructions provided
- Extends the life of the rest of your expensive machine by reducing shock loading and plugging